Hey everyone, like I promised there will be much more celebrity inspired makeup looks coming. Today I got inspired by the breath taking Candice Swanepoel. I love looking at all the celebrities makeup and outfits at the Met Gala and this year, Candice was my favourite! I adored her extremely bold winged liner and sleek hair so I thought I’d give it a go. My liner is still not as bold as hers but I wanted to do something slightly more wearable for me and I fell in love with this look. If you’re interested in how I achieved this look then keep on reading.
1. I firstly primed my face with my my favourite primer- Smashbox Photo Finish. This is just to ensure my makeup lasts as long as possible and to give a nice base for the rest of my makeup.
2. The foundation I used was a mix of the Makeup Forever Ultra HD in the shade “Marble” and the L’Oréal True Match in “Golden Toffee”. I mixed these purely to match my fake tan as I still haven’t found one foundation to match it!
3. Next, I used concealer under my eyes. I used the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in the shade “Vanilla”.
4. As Candice has a very structured face, I put a lot of focus on contouring as my face is very round! I used my favourite palette – Too Faced Cocoa Contour and the shade I used was “Medium Cocoa”.
5. I also used the shade “Dark Cocoa” From the same palette to bronze up my face more.
6. From the pictures I have seen, it doesn’t look like Candice has much pink on her face so I used a more tan blush. I used the shade “True Flush” from my Smashbox Light It Up L.A Lights Palette.
7. It was also hard to tell what kind of highlighter Candice was wearing. I decided to use my Jouer Highlighter in the shade “Citrine” as you can never go wrong with this one!
1. For my brows I used a brow pencil that I got in a Ted Baker Eye Set for Christmas. This is more cool toned than I usually go for as Candice is a lot more blonde than I am. I followed my natural brow line as I didn’t want to pluck them just for this look.
2. Candice’s look was all about the liner so there was very minimum eyeshadow. All I used was the shade “Tempera” from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette for the base and then “Warm Taupe” in the crease. I thought this shade looked very similar to the one Candice was wearing and I started right from the inner corner of my eye as that’s what it looked like Candice did. I also left my lower lash line as it didn’t look like Candice had any shadows there.
3. For the star of the show, the winged eyeliner! Candice had a very bold wing which covered her whole lid! I decided to make it a little more subtle but this is still definitely very thick eyeliner to what I’m use to. I started using the Soap And Glory Supercat Eyeliner as it’s the thickest I own but I then went over it with the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner as it’s a lot darker. Despite the extreme top liner, it looked like there was no bottom eyeliner so I left this.
4. Next, I took my favourite mascara – Too Faced Better Than Sex and applied this to my top and bottom lashes.
5. For lashes, I took some natural falsies as you couldn’t see Candice’s lashes because of the bold liner so if she was wearing any, it definitely wasn’t dramatic ones! I used Red Cherry Lashes in “#523”. You can see my lashes a lot more than Candice’s but they were the least dramatic falsies that I had!
1. I firstly outlined my lips with a lip liner as you could see a darker outline to Candice’s lips. I used “Stripdown” by MAC as this is a nude liner that looked similar to the one Candice was wearing.
2. The lipstick I used was “Mannequin” by Jeffree Star. This is a liquid lipstick which dries matte and is the perfect nude pink shade which again, I thought looked similar to what Candice had.