Hey everyone, today’s blog post is another makeupinspiration and once again it’s from the Met Gala. I love how celebrities are a little morecreativewith their outfits and makeup at the Met Gala as it gives me so much inspiration. After Candice Swanepoel, Taylor Hill’s makeup was my favourite. I really loved her blown outburgundy smokey eye and I don’t use these colours much so I thought I’d try something new. My makeup definitely isn’t identical to Taylor’s but I really liked how it turned out. If you’re interested in how I created this look, keep on reading.
1. I firstlyprimed my face with MACPrep and Primewhich created a nice base for my foundation.
2. The foundationI used was my favourite –Makeup Forever Ultra HD in the shade “Marble”. Because I have fake tanned, I had to mix in a darker shade to match my body so I used L’Oréal True Match in “Golden Toffee” along with the Makeup Forever.
3. To conceal my under eyes I used the Tarte Shape Tapein the shade“Fair”.Not only is this the most full coverage Concealer I own, it’s also the lightest and I thought it would be perfect for this look as Taylor looks like she has bright under eyes.
4. I then setmy face with the Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder in “Transparent”. This will help my makeup last throughout the day.
5. For both contour andbronzer I used theBenefit Hoola Bronzer. Usually I would use something cooler for my contour but Taylor’s face looks very warm so I thought this would work best for contour as well as bronzer.
6. TheBlush I used was “Rich Berry” from the Smashbox Light It Up L.A Lights Palette.Out of the blushes I own, this was the closest to what Taylor was wearing.
7. Lastly forHighlighter, I used “Champagne Pop” by BECCA and JaclynHill. When I saw the photos of Taylor Hill I instantly thought of using this highlighter! It’s very intense just like Taylor’s and it’s the perfect champagne shade.
2. I primedmy eyelids withUrbanDecay Primer Potion in the shade“Sin”to ensure my shadows are as pigmented as possible.
3. Foreyeshadow, I used my Huda Beauty Rose Gold Palette. I chose this palette as I thought “Maneater” was the ideal shade to match Taylor’s eye makeup.
I first went in with the shade “Bae” to set my eyes and also for my brow bone highlight.
I then Took“Shy” and applied it to my crease for the transition shade.
Next, I took“Maneater”which I packed onto the lid and then buffed out into my crease, creating a smokey eye. I also used this shade on my lower lash line.
To darken up the eye, I took a mix of “Coco” from the same palette and “Bitten”from Makeup Geek and applied this to the outer corner of my crease. I actually wish I had only taken “Coco”as the eyes ended up looking too plum as you can see from the photo!
Lastly, I appliedBECCA“Champagne Pop” to the inner corners of my eyes.
4. I applied a thin layer of eyelinerto my top eye lid to help the false lashes blend better and also because it did look like Taylor had a little bit of liner on. I used my favourite – Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner.
5. Next, I applied my mascara to my top and bottom lashes. I usedToo FacedBetter Than Sex.
6. I then applied myfalse lashes which wereRed Cherry“#523”.I decided to go for these lashes because they were the most natural ones that I own and although you can definitely see Taylor’s lashes they are not very dramatic.
P.S I know it looks like I’m naked but I promise I’m not!!!